Not only is this soup incredibly good, it’s also a great cure for bloating! Asparagus and celery are both great for eliminating excess water, and toxins from you liver.
I like to double the recipe and freeze half for a rainy day when I don’t feel like chopping!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (only the white and light green parts)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (mined)
- 1 small white-skinned, unpeeled, chopped potato
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lbs asparagus (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan cook leek and celery until tender (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add potato, and 3 cup of broth. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium fro 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a food processor (I like the Vitamix), add the basil, and puree. Do it in batches, adding the remaining broth to desired consistency, and salt and pepper to taste.