This bean soup is easy to make, and store, and it’s a hit with adults as well as kids.
Coconut milk can be a little high in fat, but feel free to use reduced fat. Personally, I’m not one to stay away from healthy fats because I think they are good for us, but it’s your call.
This soup is full of antioxidants, and very satisfying.
Bean Soup with Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp olive, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 sliced celery stalk
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 14 oz. cans black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add the onions and cook for a minute.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the thyme, and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tamari, and vegetable stock and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, cook for another 2-4 minutes (until it’s hot), add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!