I’ve been on a hunt for a good veggie burger recipe for a long, long time!
Most recipes have honestly just been too lengthy for me to take on.
I’m no stranger to washing and chopping veggies, but there is a point where it’s just too much. Considering you also have to add cooked grains to most of those recipes and then it’s just not worth the work.
No offense to those of you who have amazing lengthy recipes. I have tried some that I love, and on days when I have more time on my hands I can do it, but this is my easy, healthy, go-to recipe.
These burgers only have a few ingredients, and take a few minutes to prepare. Each patty has roughly 7 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber and 10% the daily recommended intake of iron.
If you’re a garlic and onion lover, these are for you! If you’re not, then leave out the garlic and onion powder, and skip the vegan ranch; organic ketchup and mustard are always great toppers for a burger.
This recipe makes enough for 3 patties. If you want 6, don’t just double the recipe because it will get too pasty; make the mix twice and cook them all at the same time.
Black Bean Burger with Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free, or grain free bread crumbs
- 1 cup Veganaise (vegan mayo)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry dill
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the egg in a separate bowl and set aside. Put the all the ingredients EXCEPT the bread crumbs in the food processor and add the egg replacer.
- Mix until blended, but still chunky.
- Mix in the bread crumbs with a spoon, or with your hands, and make patties.
- Cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Ranch Dressing Directions:
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl with a spoon. Put a little on the bun with some ketchup if you like. Save the rest for a veggie dip.
- There are plenty of great vegan mayo recipes out there, but this is the quickie version!