This is our new go to breakfast. Everyone agrees it’s a fav!
We all agree that it tastes great, but I also love how healthy and filling it is. I also like the fact that I can make it the night before and just blend it in the morning for a fast, raw, organic, high fiber, high protein breakfast.
I’ve tried a lot of chia pudding recipes throughout the last few years, and I had yet to like any of them. Mainly because the consistency always bothered me. Soaked chia seeds are a little too slimy for my taste. Once I figured out that I could throw the concoction in the blender after the seeds soaked, everything changed. Putting the pudding (so to speak) in the blender totally changes the consistency and now I love it.
This breakfast is really hard to beat nutritionally speaking, and trust me, it’s delicious!
If you don’t eat honey, just replace it with whatever sweetener you like.
Chai Chia Pudding for Breakfast
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (worth buying - I use it all the time, and it lasts forever)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- Blend all the ingredients (minus the Chia Seeds) in a high speed blender.
- Pour mixture over Chia Seeds. Let set for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Pour mixture back in blender and blend until it develops a pudding-like consistency.
- Top with whatever topping you choose (fruit, nuts, non-dairy whipped cream).
Leave a Reply