Another amazing dessert that is dairy free, and low glycemic. It’s vegan as well as Paleo. I’ve found that there’s surprisingly a lot of crossover between these two lifestyles, especially as it pertains to desserts.
This is one that you’ll be happy to give the kids, or yourself, seconds and thirds because not only is it not bad for you, it’s actually really good for you. There’s a lot of good fat in it as well as the many nutrients, and benefits of raw cacao powder. Topped with fluffy coconut whipped cream is the best, but I wouldn’t turn it down plain.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that I can quickly make it in the vitamix so it’s really easy to clean up. That’s the only part about cooking that I can’t stand. You just throw all the ingredients in the blender. then in the refrigerator, then ice cream maker. Easy.
This recipe has been chosen after many attempts at making dairy-free chocolate ice cream. This one is the keeper and it’s from Kelly V. Brozyna’s Dairy-Free Ice Cream.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk (Native Forest preferable)
- 8-10 soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup almond, hemp, or cashew milk
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then refrigerate for about an hour.
- Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and churn per the manufacturer’s instructions.