My husband brought home something he bought at a store that were similar to these, but they had a funny taste.
I liked the concept though, so I made my own, and they turned out really well. They are a nice sweet snack to have around. They are healthy, and easy to make.
Coconut Banana Snacks
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 bananas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Agave (or honey, or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- If you don’t have a dehydrator, preheat oven to the lowest setting – usually 180.
- Put the walnuts, almonds and chia seeds in a food processor and grind.
- Transfer into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add coconut, salt, and mix.
- Add 3 peeled bananas to the food processor and puree. Then, add the agave, vanilla extract, and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a spoon.
- Scoop balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 180 for 1 hour, or dehydrate in a dehydrator at 105 for 4 hours.