This Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bar Recipe is one of our favorites!
There’s organic brown sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter, mixed with whole oats, wheat germ and rice cereal.
There’s just enough sweetness for the kids, that they won’t even realize how healthy they are.
These bars make great snacks for at home or on the go!
The kids and I have a blast cooking with one together and there’s definitely something for everyone!
Note: When we made this video we were still using honey, now we substitute maple syrup for honey. We also make our own peanut butter now thanks to our Vitamix!
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup Natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 2 cups Crisp brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup Toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ½ to 1 cup Raisins
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, peanut butter, canola oil, brown sugar, cinnamon. Stir and cook until mixture just begins to bubble, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, wheat germ, peanuts, apricots, figs and salt.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture and stir gently with a spatula until well combined. Transfer to baking dish, cover with parchment paper and press firmly into dish. Allow to cool completely (will cool faster in the refrigerator). Cut into squares or bars.