I’ve been wanting to make our own milk for a while but it seemed overwhelming. I have no idea why I though that because it is so easy!
I played around with a few variations and this is the recipe I came up with. It tastes great and it’s extremely healthy! Tons of omegas, and a good source of iron, protein, and amino acids.
Coconut oil does have fat, but it’s the kids of fat your body uses immediately, not stores. Coconut fat has actually been proven to help people lose weight, not gain it.
If you like the taste of coconut you can used unrefined oil, but if you don’t want the taste of coconut, use refined.
Amazing Dairy and Soy-Free Raw Latte
- 1 cup hemp milk (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp Gynostemma loose tea
- 1 tsp loose nettle leaves
- 1 tbsp raw honey - or agave, or Stevia (your sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dropper Ocean Trace minerals (if you like)
- Combine tea leaves in your steeper with warm water and leave them for about 5 minutes. Warm coconut oil in a pan, after it melts, add hemp milk, then the sweetener, tea mixture, cinnamon and trace minerals.
- I warm all the ingredients to about 118 and drink!
- I am aware that this may seem complicated to some of you, but I can honestly say it’s not.
- If you don’t already drink loose leaf tea, you should definitely give it a shot. There are so many great combinations to try.
- I chose gynostemma for this one because it’s a great anti-ager, and anti-inflammatory tea. I also like Tulsi tea to help me relax. Both are caffeine free. Nettle is a great healing herb and is also caffeine-free.
- I love to add coconut to as many things as I can because it’s SO good for you. It’s also great for weight loss.
- Yes, it has fat, but your body uses it immediately, it does not store it. In any case, good fats are not our enemy and we need them, especially as we get older.
- The trace ocean minerals can be bought online. I use Oceans Alive. It is loaded with minerals and is a great source of natural energy.
- I don’t need caffeine because this drink is loaded with natural energy that makes me feel more alive than any caffeinated beverage could!
It’s good for about 3 to 4 days and a mason jar would be perfect – I usually use a close topped pitcher.
Hey Elizabeth – how do you store this milk once it is made? Would a Mason Jar work? Also how long will it keep after it has been made?
Thanks Danica! I got it at Anthropology. I love their home stuff!
Hi Elizabeth – where did you get that gorgeous teacup?
Love it love it love it!