The Cacao Tree Cafe in Royal Oak Michigan is the place to be for raw foodies, and anyone who is interested in eating amazing food that helps heal you from the inside out!
Its owner, Amber Poupore, opened the cafe just over a year ago, and it’s already well known for its consistency in providing healthy, healing, delicious food.
Whenever we go I’m continually shocked by not only how wonderful the food is, but how great I feel after we eat.
People seem to almost expect to feel lousy after going out to eat; tired, lethargic etc. But after eating at Cacao Tree, you’re ready to take on the world.
Raw foods have an electric energy that leave you invigorated.
We are so lucky that Amber took the time to educate herself on “uncooking” and took the leap of faith to open Cacao Tree to share with the rest of us!
Please don’t miss her incredible raw chocolate!
When Amber came on the show she brought some amazing kale and Swiss chard from her garden to make sour cream and onion dehydrated chips.
If you’re looking for a sour cream and onion potato chip fix, this will do the trick!
Kale Chips Cacao Tree
- Swiss chard, and/or kale
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Agave, or coconut nectar
- Wash greens and remove – in large pieces – leaves from the stems and set aside.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in your vitamix and blend until creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the greens and massage together.
- Put in your dehydrator at 108 degrees for about 12 hours. For those of you who don’t have dehydrators, that may seem like a really long time, but trust me, it’s really not a big deal. We have ours going all the time with all kinds of different stuff; fruits, desserts etc.
Leave a Reply