So here we are once again at the beginning of a new year with all of our resolutions. I’m sure for many of you that includes resolutions about diet and nutrition.
I wanted to share two recipes that are easy and surprisingly good, that will leave you with a ton of energy and feeling great.
You do need a high speed blender (like a Vita-Mix), and a Juicer. These are well worth the investment. I use them everyday. Juicing is a simple, yet incredibly effective way to stay in optimal health.
Since I’ve started juicing regularly I have not gotten sick. I’ve also added chopping up a raw garlic clove twice a day to my routine. I chop it up, and chase it with water like I’m taking a vitamin. I don’t smell like garlic either – believe me I’ve asked!
Almost every day I start out with a large glass of filtered water, followed by my garlic, and then a green drink. I don’t drink caffeine, and this drink is the perfect substitute because I have an amazing amount of energy after i drink it.
New Years Detox Recipes
- Using a Vita-Mix, I add
- 1 cup coconut water (preferably fresh - I use a drill to open the coconut by the way)
- 1 or 2 cups raw, washed kale
- 1 or 2 cups spinach
- 1 or 2 cups pineapple
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 cup cucumber
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp Dried Chaga Mushroom - any of his dried mushrooms will do (you cannot taste it at all promise!) I get it from David Wolfe's Longevity Warehouse.
- A few drops Marine Phytoplankton - again from David Wolfe's website at Longevity Warehouse.
- 3 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup coconut water (preferably from a fresh coconut, if not, then you can find it in a box -- usually in the cereal aisle where the rice milk is)
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 beet
- 1 black radish (I bought this once by accident, mistaking it for a beet, and it turns out to be a great addition to the drink!)
What brand is your juicer? These sound yummy!