This wrap is make with a mix of nuts and a creamy cashew dressing which combined make it protein and fiber dense, and therefor very filling.
You can mix this with diced grapes and larger walnut chunks for a Waldorf feel, and maybe throw in some raisins as well. My kids are obsessed with pomegranates right now so that was what I decided to mix it with today.
Raw Protein Salad Wrap
- 2 cups nuts of your choice (walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and pecans work well – maybe a 1/2 cup of each). Soaked overnight.
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Add-ins of Choice:
- options include raisins, diced grapes, celery, pomegranates, chopped cucumber etc.
- Soaking aids in digestion and is worth the time. You won’t kill the recipe if you don’t, but it’s good for your health. Take the first two cups of nuts listed in the recipe and put them in a food processor. Pulse until they are chopped into smaller pieces, but don’t do it too long or it will turn to a paste. Then set aside.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. For this you not only want to speak the cashews for health reasons, but it will make the dressing smoother and easier to blend.
- Combine the nut mixture with the dressing and serve in a romaine wrap, or on gluten-free bread, or raw crackers. There are many options here.