This dip is great for anyone! I’m always trying to please both the adults in the house, and the kids, because I’m not cooking twice. This fits the bill. It’s also full of protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, B vitamins, phytonutrients and antioxidants.
For those of you who may have a difficult time getting your kids to eat spinach, this is a great way to sneak it in.
The cashews need to be soaked for at least 6 hours to promote better digestion, and make the dip creamier, but after that, the prep time is about 10 minutes. Not bad!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Ingredients For Cashew Cream
- 2 cups soaked cashews (6 hours or overnight)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
Ingredients For Dip
- Cashew cream
- 2 cups packed, chopped spinach (frozen works well)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup mayo (homemade is super easy)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 14 oz artichokes (chopped)
- 3 scallions (diced)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Place in oven safe dish.
- Back for 30 minutes, or until the top turns golden.
- This recipe if from Allyson Kramer’s, Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats, and I highly recommend the book!