‘Tis the season to hang out in the yard and have some drinks! This one is fabulous with a little tequila, but the virgin version is equally as delicious. We make a big pitcher for the everyone and add alcohol to individual glasses later if anyone wants it.
The kids love it, and I love when they have it because it is full of antioxidants. The basil offers great antibacterial qualities to fight off spring colds, and the cucumber is amazing for summer skin.
You do need a juicer for this recipe, and if you don’t have one please consider it. We use it regularly, and it will drastically improve your health!
If you can’t find young coconuts, I like Cocolife. You can find it at My Favorites under the Nutrition tab. I always have a case on hand just in case.
- 1 cup coconut water (from a fresh young coconut)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 English cucumbers
- 2 apples
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1 small cube ginger (2 inches)
- Juice ginger, cucumbers, and apples. Put the ginger in first.
- In your high speed blender add coconut water, and basil. Blend until liquefied. Then add the two mixtures together. You can strain the basil mixture first if you choose.
- Then squeeze in the juice of one lime. Add more if it’s not enough for you.
- The drink is a beautiful, vibrant green if served right away, but it’s still pretty if served the next day, just less vibrant.