I posted this a few weeks ago, and I’ve received tons of positive feedback!
The kids and I did a quick demo for the show to show how fast and easy it is to make…….
This is an easy recipe, that’s similar to oatmeal, but even better for you!
Almonds are an excellent source of vitamin B, E, magnesium, folic acid, protein, and fiber. Walnuts are a great way to get your brain-boosting, stress-reducing omegas.
Eating almonds can help improve your memory and reduce stress.
Combine that with oats, which help lower cholesterol, and help regulate blood sugar level so you won’t be hungry and tired 30 minutes later. And by the way, most studies on people who live the longest, reveal that they eat oats.
Then add a little cinnamon which in only a mere teaspoon contains 28 mg of calcium, almost one mg of iron, over a gram of fiber, and quite a lot of vitamins C, K, and manganese.
Some raw honey, or other sweetener of your choice, some berries, and you’re ready to feel good, and fight off winter germs!
Heart Healthy, Antioxidant Rich, Easy Breakfast!
- 1 cup soaked almonds (I soak them in a bowl over night and cover it with a towel)
- 1 cup soaked walnuts (they only need to be soaked for 4 hours, but you can leave them overnight with the almonds)
- 1 cup old fashion gluten free oats
- 1 cup hemp milk (or other non-dairy milk -- *see notes below for great hemp milk recipe)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- raisins, or any kind of berry to top
- Strain and rinse off the almonds. Chop them in a Vitamix or food processor until they are chopped, but still have texture (we’re not making almond butter here!).
- Add oats, milk, honey and cinnamon and blend until combined, but keep the chunky texture.
- Top with berries and serve!