I’ve tried a lot of vegan ice cream recipes but many of them have arrowroot to thicken, and I don’t like the texture it gives the ice cream. It’s too gritty. This recipe is essentially just sweetened non-dairy milk and it’s a perfect base for any other kind of ice cream.
It stands well on it’s own, but you can add pureed strawberries for strawberry ice cream, bananas, or cacao for chocolate ice cream. It takes about five minutes to make and it’s fun to make with the kids.
If your kids are like mine, you may want to double the batch. It lasts about 5 minutes in our house.
A great healthy treat on a hot summer day!
Non-Dairy Gluten Free Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk (full fat or light)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until well mixed and pour into your ice cream make and freeze according to manufacture directions.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.