How do you make and incredible and incredibly healthy latte dairy and soy-free? Hemp!
Hemp is one of my favorite “foods” for a lot of reasons. Hemp is an amazing source of protein, amino acids, omega fatty acids, iron and more!
You can easily make you own hemp milk (click here for the recipe), or buy it at most health food stores. When I buy it, I like to buy Pacific Natural Foods Hemp Milk. 1 cup has 50% of the daily recommended serving of calcium, 30% vitamin D, and 25% magnesium.
I make this latte so it’s warm, not hot. Specifically, it’s below 118 degrees. Eating raw foods is a lengthy topic, but for purposes of this post I will just say I try to preserve the nutrients and energy in foods by eating raw as much as possible because I feel better when I do. A lot better!
Anything under 118 degrees is considered raw and it’s still warm enough to enjoy a latte. I have a thermometer next to the stove to check, and it’s really not as hard as it may sound. I do it almost every morning with two energetic boys running around and it’s just fine.
This latte will taste great hot as well, so don’t worry about the temperature if you don’t feel like it.
I don’t drink caffeine, so this is a caffeine-free latte, but if you like caffeine, you can use a caffeinated green tea instead of gynostemma.
Amazing Dairy and Soy-Free Raw Latte
- 1 cup hemp milk (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp Gynostemma loose tea
- 1 tsp loose nettle leaves
- 1 tbsp raw honey - or agave,or Stevia (your sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dropper Ocean Trace Minerals (if you like)
- Combine tea leaves in your steeper with warm water and leave them for about 5 minutes. Warm coconut oil in a pan, after it melts, add hemp milk, then the sweetener, tea mixture, cinnamon and trace minerals.
- I warm all the ingredients to about 118 and drink!