I made because the kids saw it in this year’s Paleo Magazine Holiday Cookbook Issue and they asked me to make it. Everyone who has tried it flipped out. It’s topped with paleo vanilla ice cream that contains eggs as well. I do eat free range eggs. Especially now when I’m nursing because the choline is so good for my baby’s developing brain.
This is a simple recipe and fun to make because of the whipped egg whites. Kids love that part.
Decadent Chocolate Cake
- 7 oz Grass fed butter
- 3 tbsp Almond flour divided
- 7 oz Dairy free bittersweet chocolate chopped into pieces, or dairy free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 5 Eggs - room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 9 inch glass pie dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter and dust with almond flour. Tapping out the excess. Don't miss a spot!
- Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and melt together with the chocolate in a saucepan. Stir continually until all pieces of chocolate and butter are melted. Remove bowl from heat and stir in sugar, then the remaining flour, then the egg yolks. Stir until all are well combined. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl with and electric mixer on medium speed until a soft peak forms (2-3 minutes).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites in the chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- The cake will rise and the top will crack as it bakes, then collapse into itself as it cools.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or chocolate fudge sauce. The chocolate fudge sauce is a great recipe to try, and goes with so much!
- Here are the egg whites. Wish I had a better pic, but it was too dark out to get a better shot.
Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or chocolate fudge sauce. The chocolate fudge sauce is a great recipe to try, and goes with so much! Here are the egg whites. Wish I had a better pic, but it was too dark out to get a better shot.
Leave a Reply